This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Development Director to play a key role in our client’s commercial & procurement executive team, preparing for a high profile multi-billion pound investment programme.
Ensuring the supply chain is engaged and ready for the business’ future plans, planning and analysis of requirements, stakeholder engagement, relationship building and communication are all important parts of the role. Additionally you will be accountable for ensuring that the supply chain strategy is further developed through the use of value chain plans for all key areas. Using these plans you will work through and across the business to ensure support, alignment and delivery of performance, capability and capacity.
The Development Director will:
- Lead the roll out of the strategy, ensure full business support and report progress to the Executive and the Board
- Contribute as a member of the commercial and procurement executive team and the broader senior leadership team to deliver a changed supply chain capable of delivering the aspirational business goals across safety, customer service and delivery of the investment programme
- Develop and lead relationship building at all levels and in relevant industry bodies
- Lead relevant aspects of the business commitment to equality and diversity and skills development
- Contribute to and fully support the development of procurement plans and specific commercial strategies to support the delivery of the business objectives
- Deliver the efficiencies targets relating to development and category management across the business.
- Lead the Strategic Supplier team and create a go to resource that is called on by the business as an essential part of delivering its plans for the future
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of appropriate risk review and management across Commercial and Procurement and the business
- Embed a business partner culture in the team integrating support into the businesses operational teams with aligned objectives and collaborative and supportive culture.
- Experienced professional with a demonstrable track record of delivering supply chain change to support business imperatives
- Experience of working in complex or infrastructure supply chains across all phases of asset life cycle
- Proven success in building and leading cross-business and multi-functional teams delivering real business change
- Highly developed and experienced communication, facilitation, networking and influencing skills combined with an ability to make decision and motivate teams
- Experience of working within a safety critical environment
- Technically competent and credible – experienced and/or technically qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Translate strategic priorities into clear outcome-focused objectives for managers and provide the energy and drive in achievement of these objectives
- Build high performing teams within own area, aligned around common goals
- Articulate options and large-scale reputational risks and impacts, including economic, environmental, political and social, and recommend plans to manage and mitigate.
- Manage strategic commercial relationships and delivery arrangements actively and effectively to provide ongoing value for money
- Lead from the front, communicating and motivating people towards stretching goals. Actively promote the business’ reputation externally and internally – publicise successes widely. Inspire staff and delivery partners to engage fully with the organisation’s long term vision and purpose, supporting them to make sense of change
To apply for the role please send your CV to Louise at email@example.com.